Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Boarding by Blake

The first thing I thought about my roommate was that he was going to be my best friend, luckily enough, I was right. Carlos did end up being my best friend and also a best friend that I knew wouldn't give up on me. The first time I met Carlos, I didn't even know he was my roommate. We met outside the science building and just started talking. We just walked into the same house, on the same floor, in the same room. Since then, we got along great. We haven't even had a fight yet.

Relationships are difficult in boarding, and no, you're not gonna get along with everyone. I just assumed that all the grade eights were going to be friends. Then November came. Some people had fights, relationship problems, and more. But in the end, we're all going to be here for the next five years of our lives, so we might as well all get along and treat each other with respect.

Education in boarding schools is also a lot different, in a good way. The teachers all try to find the easiest methods of learning for their students, and are only mad when necessary. I thought all the teachers here were going to be very controlling and strict due to the fact that it was a boarding school. Thank goodness they weren't. I actually tend to get along with most of the teachers and staff members considering they were also here when my dad was a student here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment